Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Soccer, Babies, and More...

So it has been forever since I posted! No surprise there really. Hopefully this blog won't become like my journal, where every entry is months apart and starts with the same sentence, "I'm really going to write in my journal regularly." Anyway, I will quickly summarize the events in the Mills family. Not too much has changed, our little baby boy is growing quickly, which means my stomach is also growing quickly. I only have about 3 more months to go, yippee! Sheldon and I are starting to accumulate baby things. My favorite purchase so far is this rocker:
Sorry the picture is sideways, I am too lazy to change it. It is the comfiest rocking chair and we got it for a great price. I sit in it all the time so the baby will love the rocking motion and then after he is born if he is fussy I can just sit in the chair and he will automatically calm down! What a great plan! We also have bought a cute onesie that says, "I wish I were naked." We are going to make Sheldon a matching shirt that says, "Me too." Sheldon cracks me up sometimes!

For Sheldon's birthday I bought him tickets to go see a Real Salt Lake Soccer game versus LA Galaxy. It was a very exciting game and of course it was fun to watch David Beckham play (he plays for galaxy). Here is a picture from the game:I don't like to be cold, in case you couldn't tell from the picture :) And of course I had to take a few pictures of Beckham :) If only I had better zoom on my camera.Here is a picture of me pregnant. I think it was taken about two or three weeks ago, so I am probably about 24 weeks along in the picture.Sorry it's a bad photo. At my work we measure how big around I am every week. I have been getting about an inch bigger every week! I'm hoping my growth plateaus or I will just turn into a big whale or I will be like the blueberry girl on willy wonka. Sheldon will just have to roll me everywhere we go.

Now you're completely updated on the Mills! We hope everyone is doing well!

3 comments:

Olsen Family said...

elaine,
You look so cute! I am glad to see you're finally getting bigger. Your rocker looks great and it is good that you have a comfy place to sit. Fun soccer pictures. You get your cold genes from me. Sorry about that. No update on how Mickey is doing? love, Mom

Carrie Crow said...

I am so glad you have a rocker! They are so nice. I have not finished my sunset cross stitch. I need to buy more black thread plus I got distracted with other projects. I have about 1/5 or so left to finish so give me about a year. Tyler will not let me give up on it if I wanted. How is your tiger coming along?

Laura said...

so it's been "forever" since you've posted from april to may, but what about from may to almost august!?! j/k it's hard when you get out of the habit. you are a cutie-petutie little pregnant woman. =) with baby number two i look about your 24 weeks at 14. i may be getting bigger faster, but i certainly hope it doesn't mean i'm going to be bigger at the end. when we come down in sept we'll have to have a "who can eat the most blueberries" or maybe a "who can eat the most seals" contest. lol. although, you'll already have your baby by then and probably be as skinny as ever. =)