warning! super-long post!
Someone told me yesterday that I don't blog very much, and while I don't blog every single day I am proud of myself that I blog usually every week and sometimes more. So I was a little annoyed by this comment, so maybe to get revenge on this person I am going to start blogging so much so that he will get totally annoyed. Actually, probably not, but it is a nice thought. Besides, nothing really exciting happens in my life and I can only post so many pictures of Tucker :)
To update on what's been happening lately, the Saturday before Valentine's Day I had my old roomies over to decorate sugar cookies. I got so excited to have them over that I went out and finally bought a Wilton Cake Decorating Set. I have been wanting one forever and just needed an excuse to get one. I was proud of myself that I was able to get it %50 percent of at Roberts. In preparation for the girls coming over I even made an experimental batch of sugar cookies and decorated them to see how they turned out. I used royal icing to decorate them and watered the icing down a little and then poured the icing on so it would turn out super smooth. For a first attempt I think the cookies turned out very good and they even tasted good!

This cookies I mixed two colors to get a marbled effect. You can't see it very well in the picture, but it looks really cool.

This was the only cookie Sheldon decorated, he always knows how to make me feel so loved ;) If you can't read it, it says "Love Hurts." I guess I can't really expect Sheldon to make cute flowered cookies though.

I didn't get enough pictures of my friends because we were having so much fun decorating cookies and I didn't even get a picture of my cute pregnant friend Miriam. Which I can only blame on the fact that I got two hours of sleep the night before, which I will explain later. At least I got a picture of her cookies she decorated. My favorite is the one that says amor.

Kyna hard at work decorating her cookies.

These are all of Kyna's cookies she decorated, I love her cursive handwriting!

I think was my favorite cookies of her though, a double-decker deluxe cookie!

Don't I have the cutest friends? Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of Cami's cookies, and they were so cute and creative.

Here are two that I decorated, I'm still getting the hang of bows as you can tell.

Who doesn't love polka dots? I think I stole this idea from Cami.

And now on to our exciting story! Sheldon and I celebrated Valentine's Day on the Friday beforehand, we checked out the new nickelcade where I dominated at air hockey. Actually I think Sheldon won but they were pretty close games. We then went out to dinner at crazy crowded Carrabba's, which was delicious but the service was so not good that I don't think I will ever go out to a restaurant around valentine's again. Then we came home and Sheldon surprised me with his valentine's present. You aren't going to believe it, but he got me a massage table! Sounds a little crazy but it is actually really nice and it folds up and stores really easily. He got an amazing deal on it, I think it was like 75% off, and now I don't have to pay tons of money to go get massages! I may need to take a few classes to give Sheldon massages though, because I am not a very good masseuse. Anyway, after all that we decided to stay up late and watch Hitch. At the beginning of the movie Sheldon said his heart wasn't feeling too good, but he just thought it would go away. At the end of the movie it was still doing weird things, I could feel that his heart was beating irregularly. This is what a normal, healthy heartbeat is supposed to look like:

This is what Sheldon's looked like:
Some fast and then slow beats and crazy all over the place. Since we aren't doctors and problems with your heart seems like a bad thing we took Sheldon to the ER at 1 o'clock in the morning. They said it was a good thing we brought him in, if something like that goes on for a long time you are at risk for a stroke. They said he had atrial fibrillation, which is where the top 2 chambers of your heart are having a hard time pumping blood into the bottom 2 chambers. This kind of heart problem is normal in 80 year old men, but definitely strange in a healthy young guy. And SHeldon always says he is young at heart ;) maybe he is really old at heart. Anyway to make a long story shorter, because this story is already long enough, his heart problem cleared up on its own before they to do anything to make it start beating normal again. They don't really know what caused it, but SHeldon has a follow-up appt. with a cardiologist this Friday so I guess we will see what he says. So far it just seems like a weird freak thing that happened, he hasn't had any more symptoms and seems totally healthy. I just love the irony of it, heart problems on Valentine's Day :)

This was the only cookie Sheldon decorated, he always knows how to make me feel so loved ;) If you can't read it, it says "Love Hurts." I guess I can't really expect Sheldon to make cute flowered cookies though.

I didn't get enough pictures of my friends because we were having so much fun decorating cookies and I didn't even get a picture of my cute pregnant friend Miriam. Which I can only blame on the fact that I got two hours of sleep the night before, which I will explain later. At least I got a picture of her cookies she decorated. My favorite is the one that says amor.

Kyna hard at work decorating her cookies.

These are all of Kyna's cookies she decorated, I love her cursive handwriting!

I think was my favorite cookies of her though, a double-decker deluxe cookie!

Don't I have the cutest friends? Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of Cami's cookies, and they were so cute and creative.

Here are two that I decorated, I'm still getting the hang of bows as you can tell.

Who doesn't love polka dots? I think I stole this idea from Cami.

And now on to our exciting story! Sheldon and I celebrated Valentine's Day on the Friday beforehand, we checked out the new nickelcade where I dominated at air hockey. Actually I think Sheldon won but they were pretty close games. We then went out to dinner at crazy crowded Carrabba's, which was delicious but the service was so not good that I don't think I will ever go out to a restaurant around valentine's again. Then we came home and Sheldon surprised me with his valentine's present. You aren't going to believe it, but he got me a massage table! Sounds a little crazy but it is actually really nice and it folds up and stores really easily. He got an amazing deal on it, I think it was like 75% off, and now I don't have to pay tons of money to go get massages! I may need to take a few classes to give Sheldon massages though, because I am not a very good masseuse. Anyway, after all that we decided to stay up late and watch Hitch. At the beginning of the movie Sheldon said his heart wasn't feeling too good, but he just thought it would go away. At the end of the movie it was still doing weird things, I could feel that his heart was beating irregularly. This is what a normal, healthy heartbeat is supposed to look like:

This is what Sheldon's looked like:
Some fast and then slow beats and crazy all over the place. Since we aren't doctors and problems with your heart seems like a bad thing we took Sheldon to the ER at 1 o'clock in the morning. They said it was a good thing we brought him in, if something like that goes on for a long time you are at risk for a stroke. They said he had atrial fibrillation, which is where the top 2 chambers of your heart are having a hard time pumping blood into the bottom 2 chambers. This kind of heart problem is normal in 80 year old men, but definitely strange in a healthy young guy. And SHeldon always says he is young at heart ;) maybe he is really old at heart. Anyway to make a long story shorter, because this story is already long enough, his heart problem cleared up on its own before they to do anything to make it start beating normal again. They don't really know what caused it, but SHeldon has a follow-up appt. with a cardiologist this Friday so I guess we will see what he says. So far it just seems like a weird freak thing that happened, he hasn't had any more symptoms and seems totally healthy. I just love the irony of it, heart problems on Valentine's Day :)
9 comments:
Hehhehe I can guess who said that about blogging, but I won't, at least outloud. And next time Sheldon starts getting frisky remind him of his heart...sure you were watching a movie.so glad he is better!
Those cookies look awesome! I wish I could have been there...it makes me miss all of you. Also, I'm glad that Sheldon's heart is getting better, that's a scary thing!
What a crazy weekend! I hope Sheldon's follow-up appointment goes well. Thanks for having us over Elaine! I can never get enough of you girls!
I think your blog is great. You have a nice mix of all of you. Personally I can never get enough pics of Tucker. But after your big scare I would like to see a healthy Sheldon too. Heart cookies were great and descriptive (so scary too.)
wow, old man! =) i'm glad everything's okay now.
btw, when are we going to get our valentine's cookies in the mail? you did decorate all those cookies to send to your favorite seattle friends, right? i thought you'd written that somewhere in this post...
=) they WERE really cute cookies!
This blog updates so often I can hardly stand it. ;) But if you are referring to my comment, I'm pretty sure that's not what I said. ;)
Those cookies look delicious and professional! How fun. I'm sooo glad that Sheldon is okay, how scary!
I Love the cookies! Too clever. I hear you about the whole blogging thing. I don't do it that much either, then I go on Blogging binges and do two or three at a time. hehe. Oh well. At least your blog is not overwhelming with multiple blogs a day!
By the way Mom called me and told me about it and I nearly freaked. Fortunately things were better by that time. Seems kind of ironic that Sheldon is the most healthy in our family, but he has the blood/heart issues. Poor guy! Love you!
Post a Comment