Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fightin' Dirty

On September 24, Sheldon and I had the chance to go to a Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fight. Don't judge, I already know you're thinking what kind of person pays to see a fight? But in our defence, we were supporting a girl in our ward who was one of the main fighters that night. You can read about Tandi here http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/north/pleasant-grove/article_68f2a6cc-06fa-588a-968c-446256cc0306.html. We think she would make a great Mormon.org video, "I'm a mom, I'm a wife, I'm a fighter, and I'm a Mormon." Anyway, she was great during her fight and easily won even though the other girl was very much over the weight limits. Sheldon and I both had fun since we went with a bunch of people from our ward and the fights were pretty cool even though I wanted to close my eyes half of the time. I made sure to go talk to Tandi the following Sunday just to make sure with my own eyes that she was ok, but I don't think she even got any injuries.





The following day, September 25, Sheldon participated in the 10k Dirty Dash Mud Run/Obstacle Course. Since the theme of the run was pigs because of the Mud, Sheldon and his team (he ran with a group and they had to stay together during the race) decided to dress up as the 5 little piggies. With Pink shirts and pink hair they were looking pretty hot.



They made sure to say "Weeeee, wee wee, Weeee," from that funny geico commercial. If you haven't seen it, it is pretty funny, watch it here

Tucker played in the dirt while we waited for Sheldon to get to the finish line.



These kid were almost as dirty as the runners after playing in the dirt for a while.


Here is Sheldon and his group getting close to the finish line and you can see how muddy they are. Right after this they got to slide down a huge water slide.

I really liked this pig that could do tricks. He could sit down, walk in a circle, and shake hands with you. Who knew you could train a pig?

Right before the finish line there was this huge mud pit the runners had to go through. Of course, the boys jumped right in.




Oh so dirty and gross. I didn't love Sheldon enough to let him kiss me ;)


Tucker isn't a big fan of messes, so he wasn't too excited to see Sheldon covered in mud.



Of course the line for the showers was huge! Next year they are definitely going to have to get some more showers.

It was a really fun race and I think Sheldon plans on running it again next year. I don't know if he will be able to talk me into getting that muddy.

4 comments:

Ms. said...

Eeek!! And great pink and Tucky is so cute!!! And you should do it. Free facial...right?

Unknown said...

I don't know about all the way, but it sure sounds like a lot of fun! I'd join you! Is this a yearly thing? Sweet!

Troy said...

That's taking "wet t-shirt contest" to a whole new level. :)

Rachel said...

Come on Elaine, getting dirty is like the best thing ever! I'd totally be all over that except I think 10k is a little bit long :)