February ended up being a really busy month because we took some last minute trips. Sheldon does a lot of work with the Utah chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA). They decided to have him present on how fast the Utah chapter has grown at a regional conference in Albuquerque, NM. Since Sheldon's trip was all paid for, we decided that I should go along for a little get away. Flights are pretty cheap to Albuquerque. It was a quick trip and pretty busy since Sheldon was busy the first two days we were there. His presentation went great and then we had lots of fun checking out Albuquerque afterwards. I didn't know what to expect from Albuquerque, but I actually thought it seemed like a nice place. We didn't do anything too crazy exciting. We checked out Old Town Albuquerque, which was only ok. San Diego's old town is much cooler. The best thing we did was take a tram ride on the world's second longest tram. They try to call it the longest tram even though it is really the world's second longest.
We were not prepared for how cold it was at the top of the mountain. It is actually ski resort and you can ski down the back side of the mountain. I had to take a picture of the thermometer just to prove that it was that cold in New Mexico!
Also unexpectedly, I decided to take a trip with my old roommates down to Tuscon to visit another one of my old roommates. It was so fun and I loved how sunny and warm and beautiful Tuscon was. We shopped til we dropped, ate lots of great food, soaked in the hot tub, and just had a great time reminiscing and feeling like college girls again. It has been about 4 years since we were last all together (except for Afton, and we missed you!) but I hope we can get together again sooner!
The awesome steaks we grilled for dinner one night. They were really good even though my food photography skills are lacking.
Both these trips were made possible by Sheldon's mom being willing to watch the kids, many thanks!
1 comment:
I'm glad you had fun.. I sure did with the kiddies! :-)
Post a Comment