Thursday, April 5, 2012

Happy Easter

I can't believe it has been a month since I last posted and March has come and gone. I honestly don't know what I did the month of March. Halle had her one year checkup but I threw away the stats sometime, but she was about 18 and a half pounds and the 20th percentile and her head was at the 80th percentile. So she has continued the trend of having a very big head on a little body. Sheldon calls her our little doll, because of course she has a big head and a little body. She's not much of a talker yet, but I know she can she just chooses not to, which goes along with her stubborn and independent personality. Every once in a while she will say a word very clearly. She is really just content pointing and grunting for things she wants. 

And did you know Sheldon just had a big birthday that i didn't even do a cool post for?! Happy Birthday Sheldon!! For his birthday I got him an awesome Blendtec Blender. If you need some healthy green spinach smoothies you are welcome at our house anytime. My parents came up for Conference Weekend and we had some fun times enjoying spring weather.











Marshmallows! 




This week we had a windy day and decided to pull out our old kite, while not the nicest kite we got it up in the air with a homemade tail. Tucker had a lot of fun flying it and Halle loved watching it up in the air.














This last picture just makes me laugh because she fell over but just laid there for a while. I guess she was pretty tired after playing at the park.

With Easter on my mind I just read this really good article in the Ensign, The Atonement and the Journey of Mortality. I highly recommend it and one quote from it, "The enabling power of the Atonement strengthens us to do good and to serve beyond our own individual desire and natural capacity." I sometimes feel like a broken record and make the same mistakes over and over again, but I just forget that I need to rely on the atonement to overcome my weaknesses. I hope everyone has a Happy Easter and remembers the real reason for the holiday!

1 comment:

Mumsey said...

Cute pictures. Summer fun on the way! That's a really nice Ensign thought.