Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Timpanogos Caving

In June we decided to take a caving tour of Timpanogos Cave. It's different than the normal walking tour through the cave, this tour you get to climb around and learn about caving. It was really interesting our guide knew a lot about caving. We didn't get to climb around the cave as much as I would have liked because they are obviously trying to preserve the cave, it was still neat to see a different part of the cave. We also saw an injured bat, that I forgot to get a picture of. I was excited to see a bat because normally there aren't any bats in Timpanogos. Unfortunately, it badly wounded and ill so they just killed it to put it out of its misery. Sheldon and I went caving in Nutty Putty years ago and we have been fans of caving ever since! I hope we get to go caving again sometime soon.






That's Hansen Lake all the way at the bottom of the cave. It was a little disappointing they wouldn't let us hike down it, so we were just able to see it from a distance.




I think my camera got dirty in the cave and I didn't realize it when I was taking picture. So it just looks like it's snowing a little bit.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVED going to the Nutty Putty, wish it hadn't been closed off. Not that I could fit right now. LOL Love you!