Monday, January 28, 2008

Recipe of the Week

I have decided to start a section on my blog called "Recipe of the Week." This, of course, is where I will display some of my favorite recipes or new recipes I tried that week. Drumroll please, for the very first ever Recipe of the Week!

Edamole

Like guacamole, this dip is healthier as it is made with soybeans. Don't be discouraged from trying it though, it is a great party starter when served with veggies, especially red peppers. I did not use fresh lemon juice, but in the future I think I will definitely use fresh lemon juice. It needs the extra tartness from fresh lemon juice.

3/4 cup frozen edamame, thawed & shelled
3 Tablespoons water
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 garlic clove, halved

1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
2. Cover and chill. This recipe may be made up to one day ahead.

*Recipe Courtesy of Cooking Light Jan 2008

No comments: