Friday, September 12, 2008

Getting back in shape

Sheldon and I went shopping the other day for new running shoes. Last year we had a gym membership to a small gym and unfortunately they went out of business. We had signed up for a year membership and since we only had a membership for 4 months, they gave us a refund on our money. We have been saving that money to buy new shoes for when Tucker was born to help us get back in shape. I was able to get 2 new pairs and they are definitely the nicest running shoes I have ever owned. They are so comfortable. We went to this great running store in Orem that looks at your old pair of running shoes to see how you run and then gives you shoes for your specific type of foot and running style. They also let you take the shoes out for a run to test them out. The plan is for Sheldon and me to run a half marathon sometime next spring. Sheldon has run a marathon before, but I have never run anywhere near that far. So I am a little bit nervous, but I am sure with the right training I will be able to do it.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Elaine, you have to stop, you are making the rest of us who recently had babies (o.k. o.k. maybe not JUST, it was 12 years ago) look bad!

You look great, and it was so much fun to see Tucker, he is such a cutie. Come back soon and visit!

Ms. said...

A half marathon awesome. I have a good friend that has done some :) Asycs huh? I love those shoes. I think I have the same ones as you.

Carrie Crow said...

That shoe store sounds awesome!! Good luck with the training. Marathons are not my cup of tea but I hope you guys do it. We miss you guys so much!!