Friday, November 13, 2009

is it too late for halloween?

Halloween was so much fun this year! I think it was more fun this year, because we loved dressing Tucker up and trying to get him to say 'Trick or Treat.' Everyone once in a while he would say something that sounded like it, something to the effect of "ickoreech." Sometimes all I could hear was the ick and then it was too much jibber jabber. Sheldon and I had fun carving pumpkins this year, Sheldon's is the pumpkin on the left with the crazy face. He tried to make it have a big flame in the background by putting as many candles as he could fit in the pumpkin, but he couldn't fit enough in to make it really work. I of course tried to carve a pumpkin that was too hard for me and it didn't turn out very well. Note to self: next year carve something really easy! It's supposed to be a skeleton and a bat, but I almost chopped of his arm and he wasn't stable enough so he kind of fell over. Next year I will definitely choose something that is a no fail carve.


We let Tucker decorate a pumpkin with stickers and he loved it. He was so fast at figuring how to stick the stickers on, unfortunately he also liked taking the stickers off, so we had a hard time making him leave the stickers on.


Sheldon's work hosted a big Trick or Treat around the office. There was a lot of people there and Tucker wasn't really into the whole getting candy thing. He just wanted to hold his two pieces of candy and didn't want to let go. Needless to say, they were pretty melty and gooey by the end of it. He did have fun seeing his friend Avery there and walking around Sheldon's office area which was less crowded.





Taking a break from all the action.
Someone at Sheldon's work had a bunch of tickets to the Real Salt Lake Soccer team, so on Halloween Sheldon and I got to go for free! It was a fun game and the weather was perfect. It wasn't quite as exciting as when we got to see Beckham play, but it was still a good game.

1 comment:

Ms. said...

very cool and that is a great idea of stickers with a pumpkin