Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween 2011

We had such a fun Halloween this year filled with lots of fun activities. It took a long time to decide on Halloween costumes. I wanted to be that family with cute coordinating costumes, but it was not meant to be. Tucker doesn't like to wear hats and I just wanted him to be excited about his costume, so I let him pick out his costume at the store. He picked out Elmo and was pretty excited about it, he wore it around the house every day for a week. Halle was Jessie from Toy Story, although some people thought she was wonder woman, which I can understand. I like her little onesie because it shows off her chubby legs. The Wednesday before Halloween we went to our ward party which was a little Halloween Carnival. Tucker really just wanted to trick-or-treat, so he didn't love the activities. 







We carved pumpkins while we watched Charlie Brown. Watching Charlie Brown with Tucker makes me wonder why these movies are such classics. They are not very nice to each other in the movies and it is kind of depressing. Anyway, Tucker did a great job painting his pumpkin and putting on stickers. Sheldon went all fancy on his pumpkin and it turned out great




We went with a TV theme this year for our pumpkins. Sheldon's is from The Mentalist and it is a face a serial killer leaves behind. Creepy, huh?


My pumpkin is a pineapple if you can't tell, it does kind of look like a strawberry. It's from the TV show Psych and they have a pineapple in every episode.


Tucker's awesome pumpkin. There are only two colors on his pumpkin because they were the only paints I had that weren't dried out. Definitely need to stock up on some art supplies.



Random picture of Halle. She likes to sit on the counter while we do dishes.



We also went to a pumpkin walk at Central Utah Gardens. It was fun with cute little games for Tucker to play. FYI if you ever want your kid to be a really popular character, Elmo is definitely the one. Kids would get so excited when they would see Tucker. He should have been signing autographs or something.



Tucker and Avery, best buds. Avery was a cute little garden gnome. Trick-or-treating was so fun this year except for the fact that Sheldon became super sick and wasn't able to come with us. Tucker loved it, although after about 5 houses he was tired and just wanted to go home after visiting one of his friends houses. Which I was a little disappointed about because I really wanted to eat some of his candy :) We had perfect weather this year, which never happens in Utah! It always snowed by Halloween when I was growing up in Logan.

And if you need some laughter in your day you need to watch this funny video about parents who told their kids they ate all of their Halloween candy. The very last 2 kids in the video are my favorite. Many thanks to my sister for sharing this with me :)

3 comments:

Kalon said...

Gee I feel lame now that I thought the pineapple referred to Spongebob. ;)

Great costumes!

Ms. said...

cute! I didn't know that about the pumpkin. And I love Jesse and her little chubby legs

Mumsey said...

Fun pics! Halle cute as ever. Did Tucker like the attention he got being Elmo? Sounds fun.