So I think I am all caught up on August, now I just need to catch up on September. Over Labor Day weekend we went to stay at a cabin down by Zion National Park for a quick Mills Family Vacation. It was great to be out enjoying nature and we really had perfect weather at Zion. A little bit cloudy so it was cooler and it only rained once in the park on us.
The kids loved the little rocking chair in the cabin. The cabin was pretty old but still nice. Although it did feel like the whole house was leaning and I made Sheldon sleep on the lower end of the bed because I was afraid I was going to roll out.
Lots of lizards around to catch. Halle as fearless as ever just wanted to grab the lizard.
The first day we just did a few easy hikes and I really think Halle's favorites part was the buses. She still gets excited any time she sees a bus.
We saw some deer really close to us and lots of mountain sheep.
Sheldon was pretty tough and spent a lot of his time carrying two kids. Halle was happy to ride in the backpack which is good, because I think I've mentioned before what a slow hiker she is.
Any time we found sand and water the kids had so much fun playing around. Halle didn't even mind the cold and would probably go swimming if we let her. Next time I will remember to pack a swim diaper, because Halle would always sit down in the water and get all wet and then have this huge diaper.
Sheldon's mom planned a fun pirate day for Sunday when we stayed around the cabin. Halle didn't want to dress up but we did get one picture of her looking cute in a bandanna.
Tucker and Claytin made such cute pirates. I loved watching them run around in their bandannas. I was actually surprised Tucker wore his bandanna, normally he doesn't like hats or like to dress up. I guess he really likes pirates.
Sheldon's parents brought their rafts up and we had a lot of fun floating in them at the pond by the house. It's funny how fearless Halle can be sometimes, but she doesn't like sitting in things that move. At first she was not a fan of the boats, but eventually she got used to it.
We also had a fun little treasure hunt that ended with the kids finding a chocolate treasure chest that Sheldon's mom made. I love Halle's face, I think she really wanted to eat the chocolate and not take a picture.
THe next few pictures are from Sheldon's parents. They really got some cute pictures of Halle. I love this picture of Sheldon and Tucker holding their shorts up while they are walking in the river.
Love this picture of Halle. And yes, her diaper is huge in the next picture. She had been playing in the river and we changed it soon after this picture.
The whole family on pirate day. We make a good looking crew of pirates. On the drive home we decided to stop at Cove Fort. We always drive by and think about stopping. It is actually a really nice place to stop. We watched a short video about the history of cove fort and then took the tour. They are open every single day of year, I recommend it if you ever need a place to stop!
2 comments:
Oh the great fun we had on our trip! Some really cute pics of the trip. :)
I Love it! Great Photos! I Love these kind of vacations!
Post a Comment