I love October! There are always so many fun activities to go to together as a family and this October was definitely a busy one. At the beginning of the month we enjoyed a hike up to Bridal Veil Falls to see the leaves changing. We hiked all the way up to the falls, Tucker and Halle did a great job hiking by themselves. Finn also wanted to hike by himself, but is a little less steady and I was constantly worried he was going to roll down the mountain, but we had no major mishaps! I love a good hike!
We found a cheap groupon for all of us to go on a Halloween ride on the Heber Creeper. We each got to pick out our own pumpkin and then ride on the slower-than-I-remember Heber Creeper. There was a frankenstein walking around that scared Finn a little bit, but he was fine once we got on the train. It wasn't the most exciting train ride, but the fact that we got a pumpkin out of it made it a worthwhile adventure.
Finn and Halle had fun painting their pumpkins, but Tucker wanted to try carving his this year. He came up with the idea for Jedi pumpkin and it turned out pretty cool. Sheldon and I always meant to carve our own pumpkins but we never got around to it. Next year!
Ward party! I love that our ward always does a photo booth so we can get a good family picture. Tucker dressed up as a good Jedi. Halle was a pink bat girl and to go along with Tucker's costume Finn dressed up as Yoda. He usually wasn't too happy about wearing his costume, but we got him to wear it for a few pictures.
Trick-or-treating was great this year with the warmest weather! We didn't even need jackets. It was great trick-or-treating with Finn, I convinced him to pick out all my favorite candy so I could eat it later. A few people gave out chocolate covered acai candy, so good! Tucker was really excited that one house gave out full size sodas.

No comments:
Post a Comment