Monday, March 3, 2008

Our New Car!!

I'm sure many of you have heard already, but Sheldon and I bought a new car. We decided it was time to cut our losses and ditch our lemon of a dodge for something more reliable and with better gas mileage. We bought a Toyota Yaris and are loving it! We already initiated our car by celebrating and driving it up to Heber. It's super quiet and very comfortable. I'm also looking forward to air conditioning, since our dodge did not have AC. This car is definitely our baby for right now and getting royal treatment. We had a big piece of red carpet in our storage, so we pulled it out and stuck it under our car so we can wipe our feet before we get inside. If I can just learn how to stop backing into things then I think this car will last us a long time!

5 comments:

Olsen Family said...

Elaine & Sheldon - the car looks very cool - WE hope you can keep it new for a lot longer than Dad's new car (ha ha) PS you need to get rid of the pictures of the cat on your blog - it detracts from the nice ambiance you have created :-)
love you .... M&D

Elaine said...

Don't dis my cat or else I'll have him attack you next time you're here ;) And believe me, he is definitely vicious.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I love the car and the smiles on your faces. I am very excited for you.
Grandma Olsen

Matt and Jayna said...

We are very excited for your new car! I think the toyota yaris commercial is so funny. :0) We love toyota's, so good choice! We hope your pregnancy is going well! When is your appointment to find out what you are having?! or I guess I should ask if you guys are planning on finding out? It should be coming up in the next few weeks if you are...very exciting!!
-Jayna

MHedges said...

Exciting news about your new car - you will enjoy it!! Thanks for posting the recipe for the yummy angel food cake, too. We're back from the latest round of travel, hope we can get together sometime in March! Mitzi