Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken

This is a delicious recipe that is super fast! I think it goes well with rice, but it is good enough to be eaten on its own.

Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken

Ingredients

1 tsp. vegetable oil
Cooking Spray
1/2 cup chopped red onion (I used regular and it still turned out good)
1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves (I used chicken tenders instead)
1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves (Or use raspberry jam if you don't mind seeds)
2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp. pepper

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Combine thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sprinkle over chicken. Add chicken to skillet; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, preserves, vinegar, and pepper, stirring constantly until the preserves melt. Spoon raspberry sauce over chicken.

*Serves 4

Sheldon and I tried Corned Beef for the first time yesterday to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. It was interesting and I don't think I would make it again, but now I can at least say I have tried corned beef. I decided against making cabbage, even though that is also a traditional St. Patty's dish. Maybe next year I will be more adventurous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this one is going on my list of things to make! :)