Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference Weekend

Sheldon and I had a very fun and relaxing conference weekend, except for the fact that it has been freezing cold up here! I am not looking forward to winter. We were able to go up to his parents house on Sunday to watch conference with them and celebrate his sister Dahlia's birthday. I always have an excellent time when we get together with his family, because there are so many people who want to hold Tucker that I get a nice break. Sheldon's parents have a huge garden and they were nice enough to let us pick a bunch of raspberries. They were so delicious on my breakfast this morning! Here are a few pictures of Tucker from this weekend:
Tucker loved bouncing with Sheldon on the exercise ball.

Tucker's almost smiling in this one...

This is Sheldon's sister Dahlia, she is expecting a baby boy at the beginning of January. We are so excited for her, Tucker can't wait for more boy cousins to play with. We hope she had a good birthday!

Another exciting/scary thing that happened this weekend was the black widow we found during conference. I had pulled out my cross stitch to work on during conference and had just taken a stitch or two when I noticed this huge spider right on my cross stitch. I quickly flung it across the room and woke Sheldon up from his nap he was taking during conference :) The black widow could have easily bitten me since my cross stitch has a black background I might not have noticed the black widow until it was too late and he had bitten me. Needless to say, I couldn't work on my cross stitch for the rest of conference because I was too grossed out. I hate spiders.

1 comment:

Carrie Crow said...

I can totally understand about the spider. I couldn't get the tarantula out of my head for a couple weeks. I still check everywhere for them. I guess you need to cross stitch more often although I am not one to talk.