Tuesday, June 2, 2009

O Zion!

Sheldon did such a great job on my birthday post that I haven't wanted to post because how can I follow something as cute and funny as that? I told Sheldon he could keep on blogging, but it looks like you will only see him on our blog for special occasions.

Over Memorial Day weekend we went camping with my family to Zion National Park. I know I am a little behind, but I always get overwhelmed when I take a bunch of pictures, how to narrow them and condense our experiences so you guys don't fall asleep reading super long posts. Anyway, it was real camping in tents and Tucker did pretty good on his first camping trip. Tucker had been sick and so he had a hard time the first night, but after that he slept pretty well and did great sitting in his backpack on the hikes. Here are some highlights from the trip:


Tucker spent a LOT of time on everyone's shoulders because he is so happy up there. He just loves to bounce along and doesn't hang on to anything.

Tucker loved reading books with Grandma.
We hiked up the bottom of the Narrows a little bit, I can definitely see why people wear wetsuits when they hike the Narrows. That water was so cold!
My sister and my cousin Lauren on the buses that you have to ride everywhere. I felt like we spent so much time riding the buses around.
Wearing his Daddy's Indiana Jones hat, so cute!
Practicing walking with Grandad. I can't wait til he starts walking on his own, even though I know it will be hard to baby proof things, I think Tucker will be so much happier.


We hiked to a place called Weeping Rock, where tons of water just drips right out of the rock. This is the view.

This is on the way to Hidden Canyon, it had some pretty big dropoffs. Hence, the chains in the picture.
We had a hard time stopping Tucker from eating the rocks. We even set him on a pad, but babies can always reach farther than you think. I don't think he swallowed any, at least not while I was looking.
Tucker wanted to be a climber,
Just like his Uncle Terrell.
Tucker even got a bath while camping, thanks to our awesome solar-heated shower.
We found this great little canyon underneath a bridge we stopped at.
It was fun to mess around it and we found some cool places to repel down into it. Our next trip we will have to go back there and explore further. It was such a fun trip, even though having Tucker made camping a lot more work. I think next time camping will be easier though, because now Tucker is used to it. That's what I'm hoping for at least!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to go camping soooo bad!! It looks like you had a lot of fun, awesome! Never been to Zion's, we gotta go sometime for sure! Thanks for letting us borrow the pack, it is really nice to hike with! Clay loved it too.