Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tucker's Baby Blessing

Tucker's blessing was this last weekend and the whole weekend was so much fun. My family was able to come up from California, and it was the first time my Dad and my sister got to see Tucker. My Grandma Olsen was able to come up and she gave us a beautiful cross stitch for Tucker. It is so cute and I am so excited to hang it in his room!


Of course the day of the blessing we woke up to snow!! That is definitely Utah for you, snow in October (Thanks to Mitzi and Grandma for taking such great pictures!)

After the blessing at church we came back to our little basement apartment for some food. I'm so grateful to everyone who brought food, as you can see we had tons of great food! I thought for sure there were going to be leftovers, but due to having many college boys over, there weren't any leftovers. Which was fine, I was glad to be able to see and visit with so many people.
Grandma Olsen always had the magic touch with Tucker, he was also so calm and happy when she was holding him.
My Dad was also so cute with Tucker and I can't tell you how many hours he spent rocking Tucker to sleep. When Tucker is extra tired it takes him a long time to go to sleep and my Dad was so patient. I'm usually a little less patient and have to just put him in his swing and hope he falls asleep :)
My parents were so cute, they just couldn't get enough of Tucker, it definitely was ok with me, I got a great break this weekend.

Of course it would be a family reunion if some games weren't played. Here are my cousins and siblings playing one of our new games. Daniel ended up winning, which I was happy with because usually it is my cousin Brandon or Sheldon. So as long as one of them doesn't win, I'm satisfied ;)


Our little family, Tucker looked so cute in his blessing outfit. I didn't get many pictures taken of him in it because he spit up on it soon after, but at least he made it through church with it nice and clean.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks so big next to your petite mom ;) So cute!

Ms. said...

So fun!I want to see baby pictures of you and Sheldon at that age! When my dad was here he was able to get andrew to fall asleep. He just rocked him and held his sippy cup--Andrew won't even let me do that! Yes, lots of yummy food!

Linda said...

How exciting for the celebration and for the family to be able to come! Tucker is so cute and you look wonderful! We miss you here at work!