Thursday, January 15, 2009

True Cougars

Sheldon and I went on an adventurous hike to the Y last week. Yes, the trail was definitely covered in tons of snow, but luckily Sheldon got us these cool snowshoe thingies to stick on our shoes so we had enough traction to hike in the snow. We had fun trying out our super cool backpack carrier for Tucker and I think Tucker had fun looking around at everything. This summer, we are all going to hike Timpanogos!
We made it to the top! So much fun (after it was over :)

Tucker was a little tired at the end of the hike, this is a picture of him totally slumped over to the side asleep. Poor little guy!
In other news, we fed Tucker rice cereal the first time a few weeks ago. He enjoyed it the first time, I think because he was really hungry when I gave it to him. I have stopped giving it to him though because he is not that interested. So I am just going to wait until he is six months old. He also went to the Dr. a week ago and of course is healthy and happy. He was giggling so much as the doctor was poking his stomach. He is 14.6 lbs, 26" and in the 30% for weight and the 70% for height. He is starting to turn into a long, skinny boy, I wonder where he gets that from? My favorite news about Tucker is that he is still sleeping through the night! I love not having to get up in the middle of the night!

5 comments:

Rach said...

That picture of him slumped over is so funny! I can't get over how fast he's growing!

Angela Dougherty said...

You should try mixing some fruit like applesauce or pureed bananas into the rice cereal. Jake really wasn't interested in rice cereal at all until we added a little fruit to it. Tucker is absolutely adorable, and growing so fast! Miss you!

Ms. said...

sweet guy! I love the sacked out picture

Heather J said...

Your little guy is so cute! That's fun that you are so adventurous. Looks like Tucker is starting young with all the adventures. :)

- Heather

Anonymous said...

Elaine! You need to bring Tucker in to visit us! We miss you!