Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fireworks and 13.1 miles

4th of July we had a fun BBQ with friends in our ward. Tucker and Avery had fun running around and chowing down on watermelon. Tucker even got to have some ice cream, I really don't mind when he has a cone because he takes the smallest bites ever. I think he ends up eating an eighth of a cup. He hasn't quite figured out how to lick it or take big bites.





I scream for Ice Cream!



The whole group minus one couple who had to leave earlier.

We then got to have our own little fireworks show, our friends had some pretty awesome bottle rockets. Tucker liked the fireworks but was also a little scared at the same time. He had this funny nervous laugh, like he was trying to be cool but was actually scared. He was a little better when we started covering up his ears. For the next few weeks every morning he would get up and ask for fireworks.

Sheldon and I also ran the Hobbler Half Marathon on July 10th. It was a really pretty run through Hobble Creek Canyon, except for the last 3 miles when you were out of the canyon and running in the heat. Sheldon and our neighbors were speedy and finished in under 2 hours (Oops, important edit: I meant to say they finshed under 2 hours, even I finished under 3 hours, hehe). I was definitely slower, but happy to have finished! We celebrated that night with a dinner at Texas Roadhouse Grill, nothing like running 13 miles so you can eat whatever you want to celebrate!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

2 hours dear ;)

Olsen Family said...

Congrats. Sheldon's awesome that he can run a half and still carry you.

Rachel said...

Your marathon pictures are just as cute as Tucker's pictures! (That's a big compliment :0) )