My family reunion on my Dad's side of the family was definitely the highlight of the summer. We stayed at Duck Creek, which is up in the mountains by Cedar City, for the last week of July. It couldn't have been any more fun, we loved every minute of it! In a nutshell we ATV'd, fished, played games, ate lots, canoed, shot guns, and tried to survive the rain. There was a ton of rain, which made it so we couldn't hike the Narrows, but it actually was better for the ATV's. Lots of puddles to splash through and I would much rather have mud than dust when riding ATVs. We took tons of pictures and got pictures from other family there, so these are just a few of my favorites.
Tucker had a blast while we were there, lots of people to play with and lots of time outdoors. He was especially great when we went fishing a few times. He would walk around, throw rocks, and entertain us when we weren't catching any fish.
.jpg)
.jpg)


We had a lot of fun shooting my cousin's guns. Sheldon now definitely wants to own some guns. I had so much fun he may be able to convince us to buy one, but it will probably take a few years to convince me :) Sheldon kept aiming for this one target far away and was always so close. I think he was hitting hit the whole time and just didn't know it.

Sheldon looks cool when he shoots, I definitely wouldn't mess with him.
And then there's me, totally afraid of the gun and the kickback after you fire. Yeah, I need to work on my shooting skills.

Ohhh, family pictures. Isn't Tucker cute?

We had a lot of fun riding in the Rhino, a two person ATV.


I think this was called Mammoth springs? It was really pretty and we had a fun time hiking around and exploring.

Sheldon had lots of fun driving through all the big mud puddles. The boys would have contests to see who could get the muddiest on their rides.

Tucker having fun fishing with my Dad. He always wanted to eat our fishing bait since it was such bright colors. It's not only fish bait, but kid bait as well.

This fish was definitely bigger than it looks in this picture. Once we figured out the right bait to use we caught fish nonstop. I would throw my pole in and have a bite in less than 5 minutes. Now that's my kind of fishing, none of this waiting around for hours.
We caught a lot of fish between all of my family. Luckily it's a man's job to gut and clean the fish. They had a little too much fun while cleaning the fish, yes those are fish heads all lined up. Kind of funny/gross.


It was fun having the Ranger ATV which 6 people could ride on, including little kids. Tucker had fun, but eventually fell asleep even though I think it qualifies as the bumpiest car ride he's ever had.

We had fun climbing through Mammoth Cave. It's not a very big cave, but it's still fun to climb around in and get muddy.


It was fun having the Ranger ATV which 6 people could ride on, including little kids. Tucker had fun, but eventually fell asleep even though I think it qualifies as the bumpiest car ride he's ever had.

We had fun climbing through Mammoth Cave. It's not a very big cave, but it's still fun to climb around in and get muddy.






2 comments:
Awesome post of all the fun at Duck Creek! So fun being there with everyone!!
WOW, That sounds fun! I wish we did more stuff like that! By the way, Whoever took these pictures should be in photography, they are all really good and candid.
Post a Comment