Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Timpanogos Cave

As I mentioned earlier, we tried to pack as much fun stuff into August as we could. We decided to go to Timpanogos Cave, which it had been years since Sheldon had been there and I have never been there even though I have spent most of life in Utah! It was a really pretty hike and not too hot since we went in the morning.



Tucker did pretty good in the backpack as long as we let him get out and walk for a little bit. Of course he got very distracted by all the rocks. Hiking with kids definitely teaches you patience.





Geology lesson for the day: Those curly looking rocks are called helictites and scientists haven't figured out what makes them curly like that. Timpanogos Cave has one of the largest collections of helictites in the world, FYI ;)



Tucker did pretty good in the caves, especially considering the tour is about an hour long. He held onto his little flashlight and only got a little crazy towards the end when he was ready to be able to run around.




It's been a while since Tucker fell asleep in his backpack, but he was so exhausted he fell asleep and his poor little head was bouncing around so much Sheldon had to flip the backpack around to hold his head.



Next up, Sheldon's trip to Cali!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Elaine I can't wait to see your next baby! You make such cute ones!!! I love how Tucky fell asleep on the way home! I want to go to Timp cave now too!