Friday, April 2, 2010

Fail = Success!

Remember this disasterpiece cake from yesterday? I thought I would post the finished pictures so you could all see Sheldon's ingenuity.


It was kind of lopsided on top and and let's be honest, pretty ugly. The cake was just really crumbly and hard to frost. So sheld came up with the idea to put strawberries on top and add a strawberry glaze for a contrast to the chocolate, because it was a pretty rich chocolate cake. I love it, he did it all himself! Behind every wife who is a great cook, is a great husband who can save the day! Thanks to all who celebrated Sheldon's birthday with us, we are lucky to have such great friends and family!





4 comments:

Ms. said...

LOL awesome it worked out though!

Kyna said...

I'm glad you took pictures! By the time I got there it was all but devoured! :)

MHedges said...

Your cake was beautiful and delicious! Thanks for having us over - it was fun to celebrate Sheldon's birthday!

Dahlia said...

Best Cake EVER! Who cares what it looks like. Although I thought it turned out pretty!