Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Sheldon


Today I tried to make a cake for Sheldon's picture and if you're wondering how it turned out see above picture. It was a complete disaster! The cake was lopsided and totally crumbling and falling apart as I tried to frost it. I tried to perform surgery and stick pieces back on with frosting, but to no avail. It was a lost cause. On top of all this Tucker's cough seems to have come back today and he wasn't taking a nap. So of course I called Sheldon and said please come home for lunch and rescue me from my disasterpiece cake and a grumpy son. As soon as Sheldon comes home, cool as a cucumber, he looks at my cake and says, "oh it's not that bad I bet we can fix it." He then goes on to feed tucker lunch, rescue my cake from certain doom (I almost killed it with a knife in frustration), and then clean up the dishes afterwards. All on his birthday no less when I am supposed to be doing things for him. I'm so grateful for Sheldon and that he is always around to rescue the disasterpieces in my life and turn them in to masterpieces. I love you Sheldon. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Olsen Family said...

Looks deliciously chocolate to me! Sheldon's great for coming to the rescue. Happy B-Day to Him for being to great. Tucker's new pic is cute too.