Sheldon and I have been wanting to restain our kitchen table for quite some time. It was my Great Grandma's and actually in almost perfect condition when we got it. But we have since added a few scratches and heat marks, and the color has not been my favorite. So when our neighbors mentioned they wanted to restain their table I jumped at the chance to be able to do ours at the same time. Work is always more fun when you have someone to do it with. These pictures are just a sneak peak because we aren't finished yet. Our goal is finish all the staining this weekend and then next week I will recover the chairs. It has been so much work getting off all the stain, but I am so excited to see the finished project. It looks so much better already!
Our table before:

Sheldon working hard at stripping the stain. Sheldon's an excellent worker, even though he is sometimes a little bit too perfectionist ;) j/k I love you honey!



5 comments:
Wow. Thanks. I was wanting to see how it was going. Stripping & sanding are usually the worst.
awesome! I helped restain an antique bed that was mine while in college and it was a PAIN! So awesome to you guys and a toot toot from the awesome train goes out to ORem ut on your behalf!
Ooo.. I love the chairs. I can't wait to see what it looks like in the end!
That looks awesome!
Aww man, I've wanted to restain our table and chairs too! Guess I'll have to wait till we make more $$$ and space to stain a table in. haha
Good job guys!
Post a Comment