About a week and a half ago Tucker and I went to the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. We tried to go with my cousin who is a nanny for two little boys, but due to the fact that neither of us realized there are actually two different dinosaur museums here, we both went to different museums! So that was sad, but we still had Avery with us so we decided to stay at our museum. The museum is still a little bit old for Tucker, but he had lots of fun running around, watching other kids, climbing on things, and saying "woah" the whole. It's one of his favorite words. Tucker and Avery both loved watching the paleontologists hard at work, which seems like such a boring job although I totally wanted to be one growing up.
I didn't get a lot of great pictures because my camera doesn't work well in dim lighting. Of course one of the favorite things they found was this computer where they could bang on the keyboard :)

The biggest hit of the museum was the sand pit at the end where the kids could pretend to discover the dinosaur bones. Tucker loved running around on the sand because it was uneven and there were steps into the sandpit that he loved going up and down.

When Tucker finally got hold of a paintbrush he watched the other kids for a little bit and then copied what they were doing by brushing the bones. I love it when kids pick things up from other kids by watching them, except when it's bad habits like in nursery. The funny things is we went to Home Depot the next day to look at some stuff and he found a paintbrush and totally started brushing the floor just like at the museum. It was pretty funny.

1 comment:
I think its so great that Tucker has a permanent friend with Avery. SO fun to take them!
Post a Comment