BEFORE:

AFTER!!!:



After much blood, sweat, and tears, ok maybe not so much the blood and tears part, but definitely sweat, we finally finished our table and chairs! Of course it was definitely more work than we were expecting and more time, but I love the way it turned out. I really love the way it looks but I think I also love it because I'm proud of all the work we put into it. Some of our friends came over last night and saw the table and they told us, "yeah, it looks nice." I totally thought to myself, "Nice?? Are you kidding me? Try, A-MAZ-ING! Do you realize that we have spent pretty much all day on this for the past week? It's pretty much the coolest table you've ever seen!" Obviously I am proud of my work. The hardest part was probably getting all the stain off and then it was really hard getting the right color of stain on the table. It took 2 or 3 coats to get the color I wanted. I love the fabric on the chairs even though it is kind of crazy, but in a year or so I can just recover them if I get sick of the fabric. Sheldon really wanted some manly fabric like brown suede, but I vetoed saying I didn't want to live in a bachelor pad. He criticized my fabric saying it looked like alien fabric from Roswell :) I think it's growing on him though. I'm glad we are finished, it really was a lot of work. The next project I take on will probably be significantly easier.
6 comments:
I LOVE the fabric. It looks great with the dark stain. I think it did turn out amazing. Great job!
Wow, that does look A-MAZ-ING! Great job; it's a gorgeous set.
Great job Elaine!! I'm totally impressed. I am wanting to refinish our table sometime soon, do you have any pointers??
I L-O-V-E it! And the men are crazy. Even though albeit my kitchen was green for a long time and I eventually hated, Sheldon told me it looked like baby poop. And Kalon always votes for bland colors.
IT is super awesome very shabby chic. It in one of those homes and garden magazines with flowers and place settings on it.
Looks like you just bought it from
a fancy furniture store! Beautiful!
I like the fabric too, goes well with the dark wood! So when we want to stain our table can I get some advice and tips from ya?
It looks fabulous!!! You did a great job! And I love the bright fabric!
Post a Comment